Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
The Electronic Prescription Service enables our prescribers - such as GPs and practice nurses - to send prescriptions electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. This makes the prescribing and dispensing process more efficient and convenient for you.
- If you collect repeat prescriptions you will not have to visit our practice just to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send the prescription electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
- The prescription is an electronic message so there is no paper prescription to lose.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- If the prescription needs to be cancelled the GP can electronically cancel and issue a new prescription without you having to return to the practice – saving you extra trips.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as your repeat prescriptions can be made ready before you arrive.
Please contact your preferred pharmacy to sign up to EPS.